Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Lit. Crit. and Journalism

This Scott McLemee article at InsideHigherEd reminds me that I have been thinking about whether to try to organize something on writing for a non-academic audience next year. I wonder how many people would be interested. I also wonder whether anyone would be willing to attend a writing workshop over a day or two if there weren't the usual Emory shining carrot attached. My idea would be to invite someone with a Ph.D. who has experience placing book reviews and articles in a variety of publications.

3 Comments:

Blogger rachel said...

Is the shining carrot lunch?

2:07 PM  
Blogger Lauren said...

I would be interested in this type of workshop, with or without the free lunch.

4:04 PM  
Blogger Brian said...

I'm in, as long as the carrot is slightly agleam.

8:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home